Modeling the Classics - Teaching Descriptive Writing
In this ebook you will find excellent models of descriptive writing, followed by questions which help the reader identify the author's techniques. Then, using graphic organizers, the student creates his/her own descriptive writing based on the model. Once you have used this ebook, you will easily be able to apply the same techniques to all sorts of literary passages and continue teaching descriptive writing on your own.
Modeling the Classics aims to encourage children to model their own writing, on styles of authors which they already love.
This e-book contains:
* Models of excellent literature from Bambi,The Trumpet of the Swan, Paddington Bear, The Hobbit, The Bronze Bow, Brambly Hedge, Wind in the Willows, Charlotte's Web, Little Britches, Heidi and more.
- * Models of descriptive writing of a person/animal; Step by Step guide to write descriptively based on one of the models. Four other models for practice.
- * Models of descriptive writing of a place; Step by Step guide to write descriptively based on one of these models. Four other models to be used for practice.
- * Models of descriptive writing of an object; Step by Step guide to write descriptively based on one of these models. Four oOther models to be used for practice.
- * Printable handwriting pages (various sizes to choose from) to copy the models.
- * All literature passages are available in both printed and cursive pages (various sizes) for students to trace as they learn letter formations. Blank handwriting templates also available. (various sizes)
- * Questions and Instructions based on my 10 Day Outline of Writing Lesson Plans based on Literature.
- * Graphic Organizers to help the writer.
- * The last pages of this e-book contain the information on my website about using Stylistic Elements to teach descriptive writing, followed by some graphic organizers.
- * 290+ pages!!